The company : Based in Liège, Belgium, Cytomine Corporation SA develops a range of solutions in the ﬁeld of Digital Pathology including automated analysis of biomedical images using AI.
The software : Used as a virtual microscope in teaching and complex diseases diagnosis in biomedical research, the Cytomine software is a web platform for collaborative analysis of very large bio-medical images and semi‑automatic processing of large image collections using machine learning algorithms.
As a member of the R&D team, you will contribute to the development of the Cytomine platform (Open Source and Proprietary versions). You will be responsible for the front-end development and will be in front-line of exciting innovations. You have a "solution driven" mind that allows you to find innovative solutions for new opportunities. As an Open Source actor, you will also manage the related Open Source repositories and be responsible for the integration of the submitted pull requests.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in projects from requirements analysis to quality assurance.
- Design, develop and improve UI features for the Cytomine software.
- Remain at the cutting edge by keeping a technology watch into these domains in collaboration with our researchers community.
- Design new products in a REST environment for specific customers.
- Actively participate in team meetings as an actor of innovation within the company.
- Keep focus on software quality (tests, documentation, ...) and report work evolution on regular basis.
- Master degree in any topic related with Computer Science. Experience and/or knowledge in Medical Informatics, Bio-engineering/Biomedical Sciences or equivalent is an advantage. Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Able to work openly by sharing information and knowledge.
- Able to multi-task and to stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Share the values of Open Source, Open Access and Open Science.
- Solutions, quality, innovation and results oriented, with good communication skills.
- Being passionate, enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, hands on, autonomous and flexible.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- A diversified and challenging position within a dynamic team in a leader company.
- The opportunity to enter a med tech company with high social impact.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.
This position is open in 4000 Liège, Quai Banning 6, Belgium,
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information you would share will remain strictly confidential.