Technical Support Engineer
The company : Based in Liège, Belgium, Cytomine Corporation SA develops a range of solutions in the ﬁeld of Digital Pathology including automated analysis of biomedical images using AI.
The software : Used as a virtual microscope in teaching and complex diseases diagnosis in biomedical research, the Cytomine software is a web platform for collaborative analysis of very large bio-medical images and semi‑automatic processing of large image collections using machine learning algorithms.
As a member of the IT team, you will be responsible for the installation of our solutions into our customer environments, their monitoring and the global quality control of our processes. You will proactively detect, analyze, and solve incidents related to transversal products, services, applications with possible impact on customers. You also have a "solution driven" mind that allows you to find innovative solutions for new opportunities.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in projects from requirements analysis to quality assurance.
- Develop and set up internal tools and solutions for the Cytomine software quality.
- Remain at the cutting edge by keeping a technology watch into these domains.
- Customize installations and processes for specific customers.
- Actively participate in team meetings as an actor of innovation within the company.
- Keep focus on software quality (tests, documentation, ...) and report work evolution on regular basis.
- Bachelor degree in any topic related with Computer Science. Experience and/or knowledge in Medical Informatics, Biomedical Sciences or equivalent is an advantage. Experience in web application support is an advantage.
- Experience in containerization technologies (Docker, K8s / Ansible). Experience in cloud platforms is an advantage.
- Able to work openly by sharing information and knowledge.
- Able to multi-task and to stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Share the values of Open Source, Open Access and Open Science.
- Solutions, quality, innovation and results oriented, with good communication skills.
- Being passionate, enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player, hands on, autonomous and flexible.
- Working knowledge of Linux and its command line interface.
- Working knowledge of scripting (Bash, ZSH or Python) is an advantage.
- Professional proficiency in English.
- A diversified and challenging position within a dynamic team in a leader company.
- The opportunity to enter a med tech company with high social impact.
- Varied contacts with professionals on an international scale.
- Significant learning and evolution opportunities.
- An attractive salary package coherent with your experience.
This position is open in 4000 Liège, Quai Banning 6, Belgium,
Please send your CV together with an adapted cover letter to email@example.com.
Your application and related information you would share will remain strictly confidential.